Your itenerent camper:

Never planting in once place for to long. I see myself as the architect of projects sometimes the builder, or the vision holder. But yet holding myself ready to be surprised, frequently.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Adventures in New Jersey: The Grocery store, fly in my dessert, and Jug Handel version

So adventuring in and around Madison and the surrounding areas has lead to some interesting conclusions


-Jug Handles, WTF? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jughandle). I have only had a few encounters with them but what the heck? The first time I went on one I thought that I had made a very illegal turn but no its totally good. I thought that NY had some weird traffic patterns but man Jug handles take the cake.

-I 287- bad on either side. This is a road that has some weird design issues. I got caught in traffic coming down to school this week. And I just about flipped a gasket and wanted to start doing some un-seminarian things

-Northwest NJ, I felt like I was driving into a seen from deliverance. Granted it was rainy and dark and in the fall with a tractor trailer smoking and clearly soon to be on fire.

-A certain chain restaurant: I went out to dinner with a long time friend and it was good. For desert I ordered a fried ice cream and I enjoyed about four bites and a fly dive boomed it. I wish that I could make this up. But what was weird about it, was that I had suddenly lost my appetite (I wonder why…) the hostess kept trying to get me a new one. It was weird and creepy.

-Grocery store- yesterday I went to a local grocery store to get eggs to make corn bread and there was a great sale on pasta. Well I was deciding the type to get, a man asked me if this was the aisle for pizza sauce. I told him that it was, and I could see that he looked like he was in pain. And in my pastoral social work way I just had to engage on it. Anyways nothing like ministry in the grocery store…

No comments:

Post a Comment